The science, art, and praxis of systems thinking applied to the challenges of being human. This collection explores what it means to engage with the world from a systemic perspective.
Articles on systems thinking & design that you can find online:
- Co-creating the Systems we want to See in the World – 2021. Read it now.
- Contemplating Systems: Actionable Definitions – spanish – 2018. Read it now.
- Conversation Communities in Context: A Retrospective Perspective – 2015. Get it here.
- Living Systems, Seeing Systems, Being Systems: Learning to be the systems we wish to see in the world – 2015. Read it now.
- Connecting the DOTS: The Design Of Thrivable Systems through the power of Collective Intelligence – 2014. Get it here.
- The Past, Present and Future of Cybernetics and Systems Research – 2013. Read it now.
- A systems view of Ervin Laszlo, from one generation to the next: An edited and annotated autobiographical piece – 2011. Get it here.
- Syntony and Flow: The Artscience of Evolutionary Aesthetics – 2009. Read it now.
- Evolutionary Systems Design: A praxis for sustainable development – 2003. Get it here.
- The evolution of evolutionary systems design – 2002. Get it here.
- The epistemological foundations of Evolutionary Systems Design – 2001. Get it here.
- Systems theories: Their origins, foundations, and development – Book chapter – 1998. Get it here.
- The contribution of the systems sciences to the humanities – 1997. Get it here.
- Building a Design Culture through Evolutionary Learning Communities – Book chapter -1995. Get it here.
Other articles on systems thinking & design – not online:
- “The systems sciences in service of humanity” (with E. Laszlo). In Systems Science and Cybernetics, [Ed. Francisco Parra-Luna], in The Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), Developed under the Auspices of the UNESCO, Eolss Publishers, Oxford, UK, 2003
- “Fostering design competencies: Empathizing with and enhancing individual and collective self-development capacities.” Proceedings of the Sixth International Fuschl Conversation of the International Systems Institute, Fuschl, Austria, 1992.
- “A cognitive map of cultural change: Systemic concepts of energy and culture.” In R.R. Delgado (Ed.), The International Systems Handbook. Madrid: SESGE, 1992.
- “Sociocultural systems: The cognitive dimension of cultural change.” Revista Internacional de Sistemas, 2(2), May-August 1990. 125-150.
If you have any problem getting any of these materials, feel free to contact me 🙂